Busca - Search

13 de diciembre de 2013

Danielle "injured" and compact camera fixed · Danielle "accidentada" y cámara compacta arreglada

Don't panic! What has happened, or rather did, was that in the shoot I took of Byron and Danielle for Halloween, I realized that Danielle didn't keep standing and her upper body moved strangely, so I figured what happened as I had that same experience  a couple years ago.
¡Que no cunda el pánico! Lo que ha ocurrido, o mejor dicho, ocurrió, fue que en la sesión de Halloween que les hice a Byron y a Danielle, me di cuenta que Danielle no se aguantaba de pie y el torso se movía de forma extraña, así que me imaginé lo que había ocurrido porque ya tuve esa misma experiencia hace dos años.

Here you can see the part almost unstuck.
Aquí se puede ver la pieza medio despegada
Just as I though, the piece thas is glued to the inside of the trunk was almost unstuck. For those who don't remember or didn't know, this same thing happened to Maiko two years ago and had easy fix. So I took of my laziness and I dismounted Danni to glue that piece.
Tal y como pensaba, la pieza que va pegada en la parte interior del tronco se estaba despegando. Para quien no lo recuerde o no lo sepa, a Maiko le sucedió exactamente lo mismo hace dos años y tuvo fácil arreglo. Así que por fin me quité la pereza y desmonté a Danni para pegar bien esa pieza. 

She had this pose because of the unstuck piece.
Con esta postura se quedaba por la pieza medio despegada.
 

It wasn't difficult to remove that piece as the glue they used didn't seem of good quality, I just had to pull a little bit the piece to remove it. I cleaned it as best I could and I greased both parts to join with white glue.
No fue difícil despegar esa pieza ya que la cola que usaron no parecía de buena calidad, solo tuve que tirar un poquito de la pieza para que saltase. La limpié lo mejor que pude y embadurné de cola blanca las dos piezas a unir.


The result was excellent, I reinforced it with more white glue on the outside and now it's almost impossible to take it off. I it worked with Maiko, with Danni wouldn't be less. Now, until glue didn't start to make effect, the piece was constantly taking off and I had to join both pieces with my hands during the two episodes of "One Piece" I watched.
El resultado fue excelente, lo reforcé con más cola blanca por el exterior y ahora no hay dios que lo despegue. Si con Maiko funcionó, con Danni no iba a ser menos. Eso sí, hasta que no empezó a hacer efecto la cola, la pieza se despegaba continuamente y estuve uniendo las dos piezas con las manos durante los dos episodios de "One Piece" que vi.



Danni: What do my legs here?
(Gosh, her head has yellowed too much!)
Danni: ¿Qué hacen mis piernas aquí?
(Madre mía, cómo le ha amarilleado la cabeza)
As I was forced to restring the doll, what was my surprise when I saw that strings moved as much that it was a big difference between a leg and the other (so was Danni, with a leg shorter than the other). After two attemps, I managed to restring her without a leg more stringed than the other, but I have it clear, next time I'll have to change strings, I will divide the strings in two pieces instead one for the legs, so I'll make sure the two strings are the same length and won't longer move with the move of the doll.
Ya no me quedó más remedio que tensar y cuál fue mi sorpresa cuando vi que las gomas se habían movido tanto que había una gran diferencia entre una pierna y la otra (así estaba Danni, que tenía una pata más corta que la otra). Después de dos intentos, conseguí tensarla sin que una pierna quedase más tensa que la otra, pero lo tengo claro, cuando le tenga que cambiar las gomas, las cuerdas de las piernas las dividiré en dos partes en lugar de una, así me aseguraré de que las dos cuerdas son igual de largas y no volverán a moverse con el movimiento de la muñeca.

And finally, Danni showing off her body freshly stringed and repaired.
Y por fin, Danni luciendo su cuerpo recién tensado y arreglado. 


Now that I am, I'll tell you that I got to fix my compact camera without having to take it to a technician because I was able to do it myself. I only had to remove the screws of the case and put back the piece that obstructed the zoom button on its site, although it took me a lot because I didn't manage to remove all the screws and open the case completely. The most important is that now the camera works again as usual, I just hope it won't fall again into carelesness, you know that however much care taken, sometimes is inevitable that our objects have accidents.
Ya que estoy, contaré que conseguí arreglar mi cámara compacta sin tener que llevarla a un técnico ya que lo que tenía podía hacerlo yo misma. Solo tuve que que sacarle los tornillos de la carcasa y volver a poner la pieza que obstruía el botón del zoom en su sitio, aunque me costó bastante porque no conseguí quitar todos los tornillos ni abrir la carcasa por completo. Lo importante es que ahora vuelve a funcionar como siempre, solo espero que no se me vuelva a caer en un descuido, que ya se sabe que por mucho cuidado que se tenga, a veces es inevitable que nuestros objetos sufran accidentes.


Thanks for your visit! // ¡Gracias por vuestra visita!


2 comentarios :

  1. OMG Lily! What a time you've been having, but so clever to have fixed everything yourself. I need to re-string one of my dolls with "kicky legs" but I haven't been confident enough to attempt it yet ... but you have inspired me.
    Hugs,
    X

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I have some experience with this kind of problems xD To restring is scary at first, but it's not as difficult as it seems and if your doll isn't a SD is much easier. I hope you can restring your doll with no problem and I'm glad to read that I have inspired you to do it ^^
      Hugs, Lily

      Eliminar

If you like what you see, don't hesitate to comment ^_^
SPAM COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
Have a good day ^^
---
Si te gusta lo que ves, no dudes en comentar ^_^
LOS COMENTARIOS SPAM SERÁN BORRADOS.
Que tengáis un buen día ^^

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks
Related posts Plugin for wordpress, blogger…