Busca - Search

20 de enero de 2019

I leave flickr · Dejo flickr


As the title of this entry says, I officially leave flickr. I haven't uploaded new photos on this page for a while due to lack of activity in it, although this is not the main reason why I decided to leave it. The real reason is the following:

- Why flickr changes free accounts
Tal y como dice el título de esta entrada, oficialmente dejo flickr. Hace tiempo que no subo fotos nuevas en esta página por falta de actividad en la misma, aunque este no es el motivo principal por el que he decidido dejarlo. El motivo real es el siguiente:

Por qué flickr cambia las cuentas gratuitas

Practically they are forcing you to upgrade to a Pro membership and therefore, pay $50 per year if you want to keep your photos and videos that you have uploaded on the page, otherwise you will only have a limit of 1,000 photos and videos without the possibility to upload new files and automatically old photos are deleted until you reach the maximum allowed. In 9 years I exceeded 1,000 photographs and I have already deleted the "leftovers" to avoid that flickr does it in February 2019. The reason why I don't delete all the photographs is because I have shared them in forums and in my personal blog.

Definitely, I think the steps that flickr is taking since it was bought by SmagMug is wrong because they are losing many users and only professional photographers who need an account will be the only beneficiaries. For someone who has photography as a hobby, like me and many others, we don't usually find a payment account useful, so if flickr thinks I'm not useful, I leave.

To end, I want to remember that apart from this blog, you can find my photographs in the following pages:

Dolls and figure photography:
Instagram
MyFigureCollection (only figures)
deviantART (I hardly use it for lack of interest in this site)

Other kind of photography:
Personal blog
Instagram

See you in the next post!
Prácticamente te están obligando a actualizarte a una membresía Pro y por lo tanto, pagar 50$ anuales si quieres conservar tus fotografías y vídeos que has subido en la página, de no ser así, tan solo tendrás un límite de 1.000 fotografías y vídeos sin posibilidad de subir archivos nuevos y automáticamente te borran las fotografías antiguas hasta llegar al máximo permitido. En 9 años superé las 1.000 fotografías y ya he borrado las "sobrantes" para que no me las borre flickr en febrero de 2019. El porqué no borro todas las fotografías es porque muchas de ellas las compartí en foros y en mi blog personal.

Definitivamente, creo que los pasos que está dando flickr desde que fue comprada por SmagMug es equivocada ya que están perdiendo a muchos usuarios y tan solo los fotógrafos profesionales que necesitan una cuenta, van a ser los únicos beneficiarios. Para alguien que tiene la fotografía como hobby, como yo y muchos otros, no solemos encontrar útil una cuenta de pago, así que si flickr piensa que no soy útil, abandono.

Para terminar, quiero recordar que aparte de este blog, podéis encontrar mis fotografías en las siguientes páginas:

Fotografía de muñecos y figuras:
Instagram
MyFigureCollection (solo figuras)
deviantART (apenas la uso por falta de interés en ésta página)

Fotografía varia:
- Blog personal
- Instagram

¡Nos vemos en la próxima entrada!

Thanks for your visit!  ¡Gracias por vuestra visita!

4 comentarios :

  1. He visto mucha gente dejar flickr ya. La verdad es que yo no he subido tanto ahí así que de momento no me preocupo, pero entiendo por qué la gente quiera irse.
    De todas formas me parece que IG s una plataforma mucho más grande para el hobby de lo que nunca fue flickr

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. En casi 10 años me dio tiempo para subir más de 1,000 fotos. Suerte que haciendo limpieza fui deprisa porque no sobrepasé mucho ese límite, pero hay gente que tiene más de 10,000 fotos y eso es una faena.
      Flickr en su momento era una buena plataforma para compartir el hobby, pero se la han cargado con los cambios que han ido haciendo. Suerte que nos queda IG, que no me va mal y también estoy conociendo a otros aficionados.

      Eliminar
  2. As you know Lily, I quit Flickr some time back, as I could see the path they were heading down. The free accounts all head that way eventually, chasing the money trail. Greed always wins.
    I prefer blogging to any of the others, so as long as you have this one I'll get to see your photos. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. The truth is that I stopped posting photos a long time ago, although I didn't say it on flickr until November of last year and now here. I had long time seen that flickr was taking a path that I didn't like and it's a pity, it was a good platform to share photos.
      Don't worry, I will keep sharing my photos on the blog.

      Greetings ^^

      Eliminar

If you like what you see, don't hesitate to comment ^_^
SPAM COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
Have a good day ^^
---
Si te gusta lo que ves, no dudes en comentar ^_^
LOS COMENTARIOS SPAM SERÁN BORRADOS.
Que tengáis un buen día ^^

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks
Related posts Plugin for wordpress, blogger…