Busca - Search

25 de febrero de 2012

Byron Box Opening

 BYRON ("Angell Studio" Count--Van) February 24th 2012

Byron has finally arrived! It has been quite an adventure that happened to him until he has come home. I didn’t want to announce it before in the blog because I wanted to have everything in secret and so more of a surprise XD

This order has been the most distressing of all. We ordered the doll on December 19th  in "Angell Studio". My mother finally decided to buy a doll of 70cm tall to custom it as Byron, one of my original characters and Maiko’s boyfriend. We were looking for 2nd hand dolls, but there were none that met the features we wanted, and any 70cm tall ones, so we decided to buy a new one at any cost, as my mother isn't going to buy more BJD's. We looked for some dolls from different manufacturers, but none of them were of our taste until I remembered the "Van--Count Version" mold from "Angell Studio", which was one of the molds that I liked when I was still looking for a doll to custom it as Toshi. I showed my mother this mold and liked it as much that we stop looking. Days later, I visited the page to see if there was any Christmas event in which heads and dolls wouldn’t be given as gifts (as I’ve written before, we don’t want more dolls) and there was a final event in which depending on the spending, the customer could get free items of higher value. Since we had decided to buy the "Van--Count Version" mold, we made calculations and ordered the doll along with a provisional wig, eyes, boxers, boots and a suit so at least he was dressed. As we corresponded by getting 3 gifts, we choose a jacket, an aristocratic suit and another pair of boots, everything for him.

When making the payment, I got an e-mail to confirm what we had to pay, but bad luck, the aristocratic suit was sold out and we had to choose for another item. As there was nothing for him, I chose a very nice suit for Danielle (when she will finally have her body, she will have several outfits).

In late January I got an e-mail from "Angell Studio" to communicate that it wasn’t possible to deliver my parcel because the post office couldn’t reach me by phone and gave me a telephone number where I called. I didn’t expect it because I didn’t even know that the order was already sent. Anyway, I gave a call to that number and I was told that without the tracking number they couldn’t tell me anything about my parcel. So I wrote an e-mail to "Angell Studio" to ask for it and the next day I got the tracking number. I called back and bad luck, the parcel was in customs and on top of that, they had marked it as "returned" even though all the days it could be there didn’t passed yet. I insisted if they could seek the parcel and try to send it to me, but all were excuses saying that it was marked as "returned" and they couldn’t do anything, even when the parcel was still in Barcelona. In other words, they are lazy. So the parcel ended up being returned to China.

The woman who attended me, advised me to contact with the sender and tell what had happened, and recommend to value the parcel on $30 rather than $50 they had marked, so next time it would pass customs and deliver it to me right away when they could send it to me again. The problem was that I knew nothing about the parcel until that day and they were unable to reach me because my phone always came out as "off" or "out of range" and if it gave signal, the call was cut right away (if they called me while I was at home, I have very little coverage there and calls are cut). In addition, they couldn't contact with "Angell Studio" because those days they were celebrating the Chinese Lunar Year. So I had to send another e-mail to "Angell Studio" to explain everything that happened. The next day I received an e-mail reply, saying that he was surprised by the incompetence of the service. Finally, as soon as the parcel was returned to China, I knew right away and it was sent to me again. Just two weeks later, Byron finally came home passing customs (this time, the value of the parcel was for $15).

When I received the parcel, my mother wasn’t at home as she went outside for a breath of fresh air because of the nerves for waiting the doll... and I was about going with her too because the nerves were killing me, but I preferred to stay home in case the parcel would be delivered that day, so I did well to stay... though I had to wait until my mother arrived to open the parcel together.

Below are the pictures of the box opening, we were so anxious to see the doll! ^_^

I got this card in apology for the delay of the order...



¡Finalmente ha llegado Byron! Ha sido toda una aventura lo que ha ocurrido con él hasta que ha llegado a casa. No he querido anunciar antes por medio del blog que lo había pedido porque quería tenerlo todo en secreto y así sorprender a más de uno XD

Este ha sido el pedido más angustioso de todos. El muñeco lo pedimos el 19 de Diciembre en Angell Studio. Mi madre se decidió finalmente a comprar un muñeco de 70cm para caracterizarlo como a Byron, uno de mis personajes originales y novio de Maiko. Estuvimos buscando muñecos de 2ª mano, pero no había ninguno que cumpliese con las características que queríamos, y menos de 70cm, así que optamos por comprar uno nuevo costase lo que costase, ya que mi madre no va a comprar más BJD’s. Miramos alguno que otro de distintas casas, pero ninguno nos convencía hasta que me acordé del "Van--Count Version" de "Angell Studio", que fue uno de los moldes que me gustaron cuando aún estaba buscando uno para caracterizar como a Toshi. Le enseñe el molde a mi madre y le gustó tanto que dejamos de buscar. Días más tarde, me dio por mirar en la página por si había algún evento de Navidad en el que no regalasen cabezas ni muñecos (lo dicho, no queremos más muñecos) y ahí estaba, un evento de final de año en el que dependiendo del gasto, te podían regalar hasta 3 artículos de más valor. Ya que teníamos decidido comprar al "Van--Count Version", hicimos cuentas y pedimos el muñeco junto con una peluca provisional, ojos, gallumbos, unas botas y un traje para que al menos, estuviese vestido. Como por el gasto nos correspondían 3 regalos, elegimos una cazadora, un traje aristocrático y otro par de botas, todo para él.

A la hora de hacer el pago, me enviaron un e-mail para confirmarme lo que tenía que pagar, pero mala suerte, el traje aristocrático estaba agotado y tuve que elegir otro artículo. Ya que no había nada para él, elegí un traje para Danielle muy bonito (cuando por fin tenga su cuerpo, se va a encontrar con varias cositas).
A finales de enero recibí un e-mail de "Angell Studio" para comunicarme que no habían podido entregarme el paquete porque no habían podido localizarme por teléfono y me dieron un nº de teléfono para que llamase. No me lo esperaba ya que ni tan siquiera sabía que el pedido me lo habían enviado ya. Aún así, llamé y me dijeron que sin el nº de albarán no podían decirme nada. Así que volví a ponerme en contacto con la casa y al día siguiente me dieron el nº de albarán. Volví a llamar y mala suerte. El paquete había caído en aduanas y encima, lo tenían marcado como "devuelto" a pesar de que aún no habían transcurrido todos los días que podía estar allí. Insistí para que buscasen el paquete y así poder enviármelo, pero todo eran excusas diciéndome que ya estaba marcado como "devuelto" y no se podía hacer nada, aún estando el paquete en Barcelona. Unos vagos, vamos, por lo que terminó devolviéndose a China.

La mujer que me atendió, me recomendó que me pusiese en contacto con el remitente para decirle todo lo que había ocurrido, y le recomendase que el valor del paquete lo pusiese a 30$ como máximo en lugar de los 50$ que habían puesto para que así pasase limpio de aduanas y me lo pudiesen entregar enseguida cuando vuelvan a enviármelo, ya que yo no sabía nada sobre el paquete hasta el día anterior y no habían podido localizarme porque mi móvil siempre salía como “desconectado” o “fuera de cobertura” y si daba señal, se cortaba enseguida (no me extraña, si me llamaban mientras estaba en casa, tengo muy poca cobertura y las llamadas se cortan). Además, ellos tampoco pudieron ponerse en contacto con “Angell Studio” porque dio la casualidad que estaban de celebración por el año nuevo chino. Así que le volví a enviar otro e-mail a "Angell Studio" para explicar todo lo ocurrido. Al día siguiente recibí respuesta, diciéndome que estaba sorprendido por la incompetencia del servicio. En fin, tal y como el paquete regresó a China, me lo hicieron saber enseguida y volvieron a enviármelo. Justo dos semanas más tarde, por fin llegó Byron a casa pasando limpiamente aduanas.

Cuando me entregaron el paquete, mi madre había salido a airearse porque estaba de los nervios por la espera del muñeco… y a punto estuve de salir yo también porque los nervios me mataban, pero preferí quedarme en casa por si el paquete lo traían mientras no estábamos en casa, así que hice bien en quedarme… aunque tuve que esperar a que ella llegase para abrir el paquete juntas.

Aquí tenéis las fotos de su llegada, ¡qué ganas teníamos de verlo. ^_^











BONUS

This is the jacked we chose as event gift. Our surprise was to find the rest of extra gifts!
Esta es la chaqueta que elegimos de regalo por el evento. Nuestra sorpresa fue ver el resto de piezas extras de regalo!
This is the mold as it can be found in the shop.
Este es el molde tal y como se puede encontrar en la  tienda.
They sent me this card to apologize for the delay...
Me enviaron esta tarjeta a modo de disculpa por el retraso del pedido…


The body is double jointed, the first one we have like that. I love it because it can pose more naturally than Maiko or Toshi (yes, I've been playing with his arms and legs XD). We don't like this wig... Thanks goodness it’s provisional. I’m going to make his face-up in April or May. The eyes are the definitive ones.

El cuerpo es doble articulado, es el primero que tenemos así. Me encanta porque puede hacer poses más naturales que las que pueden hacer Maiko o Toshi (sí, ya he estado trasteando con sus brazos y piernas XD). La peluca no nos gusta… menos mal que es provisional. El maquillaje se lo haré sobre abril o mayo. Los ojos sí son los definitivos.

-----
Below he's meeting the rest of the family (he haven’t met Aiko yet and has met Mabushiko although she doesn’t appear in the photos).

Aquí abajo, conociendo al resto de la familia (falta presentárselo a Aiko, Mabushiko ya le conoce también aunque no aparezca en las fotos).




Thanks for reading and view the photos! ^_^ I'm sorry for the bad quality of the photos >.<
 ¡Gracias por leer y ver las fotos! ^-^ Siento la mala calidad de las fotos >.<

4 comentarios :

  1. Pues bienvenido a tu nueva casa Byron!!! Ahora ya estará tranquilo después de tanta vuelta que le han hecho dar. Por cierto, que grande que se ve!!! (*^_^*)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Byron: Gracias Sakura. Me recibieron tan bien que ya me siento como en casa.

      Lily: Ya te digo si es grande, mide unos 71cm sin zapatos...

      Eliminar
  2. Qué verde más intenso... ¡Me gusta! XD

    ¿Y Toshi cómo ha recibido a Byron? A ver si se enfada porque ya ha dejado de ser "el unico chulazo" de la familia... ¡Je, je, je!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Esos ojos eran los que más nos gustaban, precisamente por ser de un verde tan intenso :D

      ¿Toshi? Ha recibido la llegada de Byron bastante bien ¡Je, je, je! Ahora podrá hablar de cosas de tíos con él XD

      Eliminar

If you like what you see, don't hesitate to comment ^_^
SPAM COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.
Have a good day ^^
---
Si te gusta lo que ves, no dudes en comentar ^_^
LOS COMENTARIOS SPAM SERÁN BORRADOS.
Que tengáis un buen día ^^

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks
Related posts Plugin for wordpress, blogger…